Wednesday 9 January 2013

Flowers and an altered notepad

So this is what I've been up to in the past week, making a few easy flowers and altering a simple notepad :)



I love the simple look of them and the light colours are perfect for the hot weather we are having right now, I feel the need to have more clean colours around me when the heat is on. I used some lovely velveteen type fabric which I've fallen in love with now.

I've also made my very first 'Lace Collage' wall hanging, I've been admiring many of these over the past couple of months from a few different blogs but mainly 'Suzyqusthreadworks', she makes the most beautiful works of art (that's what they are) and inspired me to try my own. Of course mine is nowhere near the calibre of Suzy's work but I'm still very happy with my first attempt. I would love to try one using coloured/dyed laces and doilies too. The image I used in the Collage was from 'thefeatherednest' blog which is also another inspirational blog.

I will be having a Giveaway on the 19th Janauary for this wall hanging so if it's something you like please pop back then and enter :)






If you'd like to get a better look at this collage you can watch my video here



Thanks for dropping by :)

Jeanette

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. What do you have to do to win this? HOW wonderful your work. I am on this site now. Good luck with your ambitions.
    Lina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lina :) I'll have a blog post up on the 19th which will explain how you can win it. Thanks for dropping in
      - Jeanette

      Delete
  2. This is the piece!!! Oh Jeanette, it really is so gorgeous!!!! xxoo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabric collage is da dream!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)