Thursday 13 December 2012

Lace Spools and an Altered Chocolate Box

I love Pinterest lately, I could spend hours just browsing through all the gorgeous photos they have, which I often do late at night when I should be sleeping. I was admiring pictures last week when I came across a lovely photo of some lace spools someone had made from toilet paper rolls!!! haha I loved the idea and quickly set about trying to make my own and these are what I came up with :) I just covered a toilet paper roll with book paper, made two circle shapes from cardboard 1/2" larger than the rolls and covered them with book paper also. Glued it all together and decorated the top with an assortment of doily bits, flowers, pearls lace and flowers. Pretty easy really yet very effective and a lovely way to display your favourite laces or to give as a gift to someone special.



The little chocolate box was found in a thrift shop, I really liked the shape and size of it. As with the spools this was also covered in book paper, I would love to get my hands on some music paper for projects such as these but all in good time I guess. The box is decorated with a mixture of fabric, metal and resin flowers along with lace, appliqués and doilies. There are a few pearls scattered around and a lovely vintage trim around the sides. A very sweet little box.

I also made a Christmas card which turned in to an easel card by mistake but nevertheless I think it turned out very nicely.






Thank you once again for stopping by.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)